Wednesday, April 19, 2006

New Tires

A few months back, I had a little driving mishap with my Honda Accord and destroyed two of my tires. It wasn't the brightest move to make, but my short term solution was to get two used tires. Unfortunately, they weren't very good and I now have another example that fits the saying, "you get what you pay for." Anyways, I did some research on some new tires and settled on the Bridgestone HP50. They appear to be pretty good tires from the reviews I read and should last a good 60-70,000 miles which is approximately 6-7 years since I don't put many miles on my car. I just got home from Sears and let me tell you that first ride was nice and a dramatic improvement over the old tires. From a cost standpoint, I took advantage of two things to drive the price down. First, I bought the tires at Sears which is a participant in Discover Card's current 5% cash back promotion. Second, Bridgestone is offering a $50 mail in rebate. I will be completing the paperwork for that tonight and will give an update when I receive the rebate.

No comments: